Our practice nurses are pleased to offer NHS health checks for those between the ages of 40 and 74. They are aimed at lowering people’s risk of developing heart disease, kidney disease and type 2 diabetes and of suffering from a stroke.
Each check will involve the following:
- Questions about your family history, and any medication you’re taking.
- Your height, weight, sex, ethnicity and age will be recorded.
- Your blood pressure will be taken.
- A simple blood test will check your cholesterol level.
- Your body mass index (BMI) will be calculated. BMI is a measure of whether you’re a healthy weight for your height.